Restaurant, pub and bar operators looking to strengthen their food and drinks menu will find a host of new ideas at Casual Dining 2016, which opens its doors at 10am tomorrow morning.
170 exhibitors will be competing for business across three floors as the show returns to the Business Design Centre, in Islington, London, for two days.
Confirmed exhibitors include AAK Foodservice, Henson Foods, The Foodfellas, Capreolus Fine Foods, Kent Frozen Foods, Lamb Western, Reynolds, Handmade Cheesecake Company, Moy Park Foodservice, Ornua Ingredients, McCain Foodservice, Pidy, Fresh Direct, Disotto, General Mills, Golden Foods, Nestle Professional, Gourmet Island, and Destiny Foods.
Vivreau, Bleep UK, Ascentia Foodservice Equipment, rexmartins, Eden Furniture, Gram UK, MAJIsign, Kafoodle, NFS Technology Group, Bertha oven, Magrini, Nisbets, Simon Jersey, and Electrolux Professional will be presenting their latest equipment and services – encompassing everything from interior design to space-saving appliances, uniforms, menus, POS systems and more.
Casual Dining will be offering buyers a bigger choice of beer, wine, ciders, spirits, mixers, and soft drinks this year with new drinks exhibitors for 2016 including wine wholesaler Morgenrot, Jascots Wine Merchants, Budweiser Budvar UK, and Bundaberg Brewed Drinks from Australia.
Lovo Drinks, Southern Wine Roads and Bimber Distillery will also be making their debut in the show’s Artisan Spirit & Cocktail Lounge – joining returning exhibitors Sipsmith Independent Spirits, Harry Brompton’s Alcoholic Ice Tea, Pontoon Cocktails, Warner Edwards Distillery and Green Box Drinks Company, whose brands include Element 29 Vodka and Boxer Gin.
New craft beers and ciders can be sampled in the popular Craft Beer & Cider Showcase, featuring Wobblegate Juice & Cider, West Side Drinks, Green’s gluten free beer, Bear Brewing Co, The Redchurch Brewery, Black Isle Brewing Co, Innis & Gunn, Thistly Cross Cider, Freedom Brewery, Hepworth & Co Brewers, and Crafted.
Coca Cola Enterprises, Lucozade Ribena Suntory, Fentimans, Luscombe Drinks, Cawston Press, Frobishers Juices, Franklin & Sons, the refinery, and Belvoir Fruit Farms are among this year’s exhibitors offering a taste of differentiation in the soft drinks category.
The full seminar line-up for the event includes:
Wednesday 24 February
- Peter Backman, MD, Horizons: Casual dining – where next?
- An exclusive interview with Simon Kossoff, co-founder & chairman, Carluccio’s: Interviewed by Peter Martin, Vice President, CGA Peach
- David McDowall, MD of Bars, BrewDog: The Brewdog charter and our retail strategy
- Mark McCulloch, founder & group CEO, WE ARE Spectacular: Market to hoodies or die – how to engage generation ‘me’ as customers and as employees
- Fair pay – are we at a tipping point? The Sustainable Restaurant Panel: Chaired by Mark Linehan, MD, The SRA, featuring Joseph Evans, finance director, Oakman Inns & Restaurants, and Harry Cragoe, owner, The Gallivant
- Kate Nicholls, chief executive, ALMR: Murder on the high street
- Mark McQuater, chief executive, Revolution Bars Group plc: Adapting, changing and growing
- The training in pubs panel featuring James Nye, MD, Anglian Country Inns & Joycelyn Neve, MD, The Seafood Pub Company: Chaired by Anthony Pender, chairman, BII & MD, Yummy Pubs
- Keith Bird, chief operating officer, Gourmet Burger Kitchen: The win win of the better burger market
Thursday 25 February
- Jamie Campbell, account director, CGA Peach: View from the top
- Steve Richards, chief executive officer, The Casual Dining Group: Refreshing a brand
- An exclusive interview with Luke Johnson, chairman, Riskcapital Partners: Interviewed by Paul Charity, managing director, Propel Info
- The Casual Dining Innovation Challenge Live 2016 – the pitches: Hosted by Chris Brazier, group event director, Casual Dining
- Martin Morales, founder, Ceviche: How to build a hot independent restaurant group
- The Casual Dining Innovation Challenge Live 2016 – the results: Hosted by Chris Brazier, group event director, Casual Dining
- Paul Pavli, operations director, Punch Taverns: How to be an award winning operations team
- An exclusive interview with David Campbell, chief executive, wagamama: Interviewed by Peter Martin, vice president, CGA Peach