Electrical cooker fault causes blaze at North East shopping complex

Hartlepool’s main shopping centre complex was open for business this  morning, less than 24 hours after firefighters were called to put out a fire reportedly caused by an electrical fault with a cooking appliance.

Members of Cleveland Fire Brigade rushed to Middleton Grange Shopping Centre in the early hours of Sunday morning following reports that a shop was on fire.

Crews discovered the blaze was in the indoor market area of the complex and had caused heat damage to commercial kitchen equipment.

Firefighters isolated the supply and brought the incident to a safe conclusion within 35 minutes of arriving.

The operators of the shopping centre posted on social media yesterday to say that a “faulty electrical appliance” created a localised incident that had been resolved with limited damage.

“The centre and market hall are trading as per their published opening hours,” they added.

No further details were given.

Authors
TAG CLOUD

HAVE YOUR SAY...

*

Related posts

Top