A special masterclass to help operators and catering specialists understand everything they need to know about managing fire risks in commercial kitchens has been rescheduled for Thursday 11 January 2018.
The one-day programme, organised by The Fire Protection Association, was due to take place last week but heavy snowfall, which blanketed much of the south east, meant it had to be postponed at short notice.
However, bosses at the FPA have now rearranged it for next month and are still inviting registration for those who are interested in attending.
The seminar, which takes place at the FPA’s headquarters in Gloucestershire, will look at common hazards such as damaged fire doors, inaccessible extinguishers, covered detectors, human error, poor standards of housekeeping and lack of suitable staff training.
It will also explore the main components of commercial ductwork systems and the importance of regular cleaning in helping to prevent fire spread, as well as highlight the role that automatic suppression systems can play in controlling a fire.
The consequences of a fire in a restaurant environment can be severe particularly if impacting on an extract ductwork system as a result of the ignition of grease which has been allowed to build up over time.
The FPA says the course is applicable to all types of hospitality professionals, including kitchen staff, fire risk assessors, facilities managers, health and safety managers and catering contractors.
More information about the seminar can be found HERE, along with registration details.