Rational looks to grow supply of compact combi into coffee shops

Rational SelfCookingCenter XS model

Rational will be bidding to show coffee shops how they can maximise food revenues with small footprint cooking technology when it exhibits at Caffe Culture 2017 next month.

The manufacturer has confirmed that it will be showcasing its SelfCookingCenter XS, the smallest combi oven it has ever produced.

The oven is available in unit sizes 6 x 2/3 GN, providing a compact solution for operators with limited space.

Rational expert chefs on stand B1 will demonstrate how easy it is to prepare different meal occasions, including grilled breakfast, savoury and sweet bakery and grab-and-go items. They will also prepare light meals, including quinoa, kale, babaganoush and smoked mackerel, as well as Spanish tortilla with dried tomato and rocket leaves.

The SelfCookingCenter XS, which offers full Rational power and intelligence despite its minimal dimensions of only 555mm x 655mm x 567mm, is equipped with a fresh steam generator and has all the familiar Rational assistants such as iCookingControl, iLevelControl, HiDensityControl and Efficient CareControl, its automatic cleaning and descaling system.

As well as coffee shops, Rational insists the oven is ideal for use in cafés, garden centres, farm shops, supermarkets, petrol stations and any operations where space is at a premium.

Although it currently controls 50% of the global combi oven market, Rational recently stated that it sees huge untapped sales potential for combi ovens. It sees the XS oven as a key part of the strategy to grow in markets that don’t currently use combi ovens.

“Only around 30% of the over three million end-customers that we can address are already cooking with combi steamer technology. The remaining 70% are still relying on conventional cooking technologies,” it said.

Authors

HAVE YOUR SAY...

*

Related posts

Top