Carluccio’s chairman Simon Kossoff is stepping down from his post, 17 years after founding the company with Antonio Carluccio.
After a decade and a half of building the brand in the UK and abroad, Kossoff today revealed that he would walk away from the business on July 31.
He has seen the chain grow to more than 100 stores in the UK and internationally since opening the first site in 1999.
And Kossoff said it was simply time for him to cut his ties and explore other avenues. “It’s been a fantastic journey and I am desperately proud of the team and what they have achieved. However, after 17 years it really is time to let our CEO Neil Wickers take it forward and for me to focus on other things.”
Owner Renuka Jagtiani hailed the role that Kossoff has played in steering the business where it is today. “Simon has been integral to the success of Carluccio’s since its inception in 1999; guiding its growth and development from start up to one of the country’s leading restaurant brands,” he said. “We want to wish him the very best for the future, he will be missed by the whole team.”
Carluccio’s increased its revenues by 7% last year to £137.8m, a £10m improvement on the previous 12 months. For the year ending September 2015, it opened 14 stores in the UK, Ireland, USA and continued its expansion in Dubai and Turkey under franchise. At the year end, the group operated from 112 worldwide locations.
Kossoff will be stepping down at a time when the company says that trading conditions remain solid. It plans to deliver a further six openings before the year end.