The results of the Trip Advisor Traveller’s Choice Awards are in and three British restaurants have been named among the top 10 fine dining restaurants in the world.
The 2015 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards ranked Adam’s restaurant in Birmingham fourth best in the world, deeming it the best restaurant in the UK. TripAdvisor spokesperson James Kay said: “With three UK restaurants among the world top 10, this year’s awards prove that the UK does fine dining as well as any other country in the world.”
Spanish restaurant, Martin Berasategui won first place in the awards; the restaurant is located in Lasarte, just outside of San Sebastián.
The top 10 restaurants in the UK, according to the Travellers’ Choice awards:
1. Adam’s, Birmingham, West Midlands
2. Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
3. Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, Oxfordshire
4. L’Enclume, Cartmel, Cumbria
5. Midsummer House, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
6. Maison Bleue Restaurant, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
7. Le Gavroche, London
8. The Old Stamp House Restaurant, Ambleside, Cumbria
9. Restaurant Martin Wishart, Edinburgh, Scotland
10. The Clink Restaurant, Cardiff, Wales