Chef seriously injured after “freak” kitchen accident at London restaurant

Charlotte’s Place, London

A London chef is being treated in hospital for “very serious” burns following a suspected gas explosion in the kitchen of the restaurant he was working at.  

It is thought that the blast at Charlotte’s Place in Ealing may have been caused by a faulty gas canister.

The impact of the blast blew out the kitchen roof, windows and doors and led to acting head chef Will Dean being taken to a specialist burns unit in Swansea after he was initially cared for by doctors who happened to be dining in the restaurant at the time.

Story continues below

Charlotte’s Group owner Alex Wrethman told Ealing Today: “Investigations are ongoing but it looks like a freak accident in the kitchen, possibly involving a blow torch. I’m really upset and concerned that Will has been hurt but so very grateful to the doctors who helped him on site, all the emergency services have been brilliant and I want to thank the neighbours who rushed to help.”

The report said that Charlotte’s Place is expected to be closed for some time whilst damage is assessed and then repairs will be undertaken.

Bookings will be transferred to the group’s W5 restaurant instead. It is one of three restaurants that the company operates.

Tags : accidentchef
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response