Restaurants and pubs unsurprisingly feature highly on a list of things that Brits are most excited to see again once Covid measures are relaxed.
The poll of ‘top 30 things we cannot wait to see with our own eyes again’ saw restaurant menus and the inside of a local pub make it into the top 10.
And some of the 1,500 British adults that took part in the survey by Vision Express even admitted missing hospitality sights that used to annoy them, such as noisy children running riot in restaurants and queues for drinks in busy bars.
Although many pubs and restaurants reopened for outside dining last week, the vast majority will not resume trading until hospitality businesses are allowed to welcome customers indoors again from 17 May.
Restrictions on social distancing are due to be fully removed from 21 June if the government keeps to its roadmap.
As well as getting back into pubs and restaurants, Brits said they were looking forward to seeing friends around their house again, the view from a plane window and full football stadiums.
Four in ten (43%) of those who took part in the survey admit they will be making the most of their freedom once restrictions are fully lifted, with 35% vowing to see more famous sights around the world.
In addition to spending more time with friends (45%), Brits are planning to continue enjoying the outdoors (52%) and visiting UK-based tourist attractions they have not seen before (37%).
The top sights we can’t wait to see again, according to Brits
1. Friends sitting round my kitchen table
2. Restaurant menus
3. The British seaside
4. People without masks on
5. Your newly cut hair in a salon mirror
6. The inside of my local pub
7. People hugging each other
8. The inside of my friend’s house
9. The view from a plane window
10. A busy shopping centre
11. A busy restaurant
12. The steps leading up to the plane door
13. A bustling town centre
14. The faces of your friends laughing it up in a bar
15. People shaking hands
16. My parents
17. A full football stadium
18. A busy gig or festival
19. Famous landmarks
20. The inside of an Indian restaurant
21. Cocktail menus
22. People kissing each other on both cheeks
23. A pool with towels and sunbeds laid out
24. My local pub landlord
25. My grandchildren
26. My kids playing with their friends
27. The inside of a Chinese restaurant
28. A Greek sunset
29. A club full of people
30. Mum cooking a Sunday roast