Oven fire at Carluccio’s brings lunchtime drama to Trafford Centre

Carluccio’s sign

A fire in an oven at the Trafford Centre branch of Carluccio’s caused the evacuation of part of the shopping mall yesterday.

It is the second time in just over a year that the chain has suffered a shopping centre fire.

In April last year, a fire broke out at Carluccio’s Bicester Village restaurant during breakfast service. More than 35 firefighters were called to the blaze, which led to the outlet village being closed for a day.

Story continues below

Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service attended yesterday’s incident after being summoned at 1pm.

Three fire engines attended the restaurant, which is based in the mall’s Orient Food Court.

Officers brought the blaze under control and shoppers were let back in 30 minutes later. There were no reports of any injuries and the food court is now fully re-opened.

Greater Manchester Fire Service tweeted: “Fire at Carluccio’s @traffordcentre is an oven, no one involved, the area was evacuated by centre staff.”

The Manchester Evening News published a statement from the Trafford Centre, which said: “The Orient and Great Hall have now reopened following a short evacuation due to a small fire in the kitchen at Carluccios.

“The fire brigade quickly responded and the fire was contained. We’d like to thank everyone involved for their cooperation during the incident. All our other food outlets are now trading normally.”

Tags : Carluccio'sfireGreater Manchester Fire ServicekitchenovenTrafford Centre
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response