Restaurant fryer fire at Parkdean Resorts site deemed “accidental”

Fire engine

A fire which broke out in a restaurant food fryer at a site owned by Parkdean Resorts was “accidental”, emergency services have said.

Crews from Essex Fire and Rescue Service were called out to deal with the blaze at the Valley Farm Holiday Park in Clacton on Friday evening.

On arrival firefighters reported that the fire was well-developed and beginning to spread to adjoining buildings.

Story continues below

They worked quickly to stop the fire spreading and brought it under control in around 30 minutes.

By 5.45pm crews reported that the fire had been completely extinguished.

“The cause of the incident has been recorded as accidental and started in one of the restaurant’s food fryers,” Essex Fire and Rescue Service stated. “The shop has suffered from some smoke and fire damage.”

Pardean Resorts runs 67 holiday parks in the UK. Valley Farm Holiday Park operates an on-site restaurant and a fish and chip shop.

IMAGE: Stock image

Tags : fireParkdean Resorts
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response