Wembley takeaway closed after kitchen cockroach invasion


A Wembley takeaway restaurant has been closed by court order, after food inspectors discovered cockroaches running all over its catering equipment.

Nammur Express in Ealing Road has been closed after food health and safety officers from Brent Council visited the premises earlier this month and found live cockroaches in the kitchen and food preparation area, as well as on food equipment.

A number of dead cockroaches were also found in other parts of the restaurant.

Story continues below

Officers also found that the food equipment and the food preparation area to be extremely dirty, with food left uncovered and at risk of cross contamination, leading them to obtain a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition order from the courts to get the restaurant closed.

This hygiene issue at Nammur Express comes just months after the business was forced to close in February of this year due to a rat and mouse infestation.

Cllr James Denselow, Brent Council’s Cabinet Member responsible for community safety, said: “Failing to keep food premises properly clean and putting the health of customers at risk is something which is totally unacceptable, so I am pleased that this action was taken and that the health risk here has been removed.”

Denselow said the case should serve as a warning to other foodservice businesses who don’t prioritise cleanliness that it will take action if food hygiene standards are not met.

Tags : Compliancecouncilfood safetykitchentakeaway
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response